Diana died after plan to "frighten" her went wrong: Lawyer
London: Princess Diana was killed in a road
accident in 1997 after attempts to "frighten" her into dumping
her boyfriend Dodi al Fayed and ending her anti-establishment
activities went horribly wrong, a leading British lawyer has
Lawyer Michael Mansfield, who represented Dodi`s father
Mohamed al Fayed at the 2007 inquest into Diana`s death, said
he was sure that Diana`s "killers" had no intention of ending
her life and simply wanted to scare her.
Mansfield believes there was a plan to frighten her which
went horribly wrong in a Paris tunnel in August 1997, the
Daily Mail reported.
"I don`t believe anyone wanted to see her dead. I think
there was a plan to sabotage the relationship (with Dodi) and
alter her life, to try to stop her activities. But this plan
went very badly and ended with her death," Mansfield said.
In an interview with Catalan daily El Periodico published
today, Mansfield said British authorities opposed several
aspects of Diana`s private and public life.
He said, "I believe the relationship between Princess
Diana and Dodi al Fayed displeased the authorities.
"In spite of all the work Mohamed al Fayed did for
children and hospitals, he was persona non grata in Britain.
"As far as Diana was concerned, she had given interviews
attacking the Royal Family for the way they treated her, but I
think what most annoyed the authorities was that Diana became
very actively involved in the campaign against land mines.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi