Did Bill Clinton call Obama amateur, incompetent?
Washington: Former American president Bill Clinton maligned Barack Obama as an ‘amateur’ and urged his wife Hillary to run against him in this year’s US Presidential Election, a new book has claimed.
According to Edward Klein’s new biography of Obama called ‘The Amateur’, Clinton branded Obama ‘incompetent’ and said that he ‘did not know how to be President’.
The book said he urged Hillary to quit her job as US Secretary of State and challenge him for the Democratic ticket as ‘she knew how to do a better job of it’, The Daily Mail reports.
According to the book, during a gathering at Clinton’s home in New York last August, he supposedly told his wife that ‘the economy’s a mess, it’s dead flat. America has lost its Triple-A rating’.
“You know better than Obama does. The country needs you! The country needs us! It would be highly unusual for somebody from within a serving president’s party to challenge him in the primaries,” he told Hillary.
According to the book, things remained heated when the Clintons’ daughter Chelsea walked in on the conversation and said her mother she ‘deserved’ to be President.
Clinton supposedly claimed to have ‘no relationship’ with the President and spoke more often to his own successor George W Bush, the book said.
According to the paper, the extraordinary claims, which have been strongly denied by Clinton, came after he finally gave Obama his backing and put their past differences behind them.
The two had reportedly clashed during Hillary’s failed bid for the presidency in 2008, which she lost to Obama.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Delhi gang-rape: Show juvenile rapist's face to the world, demand Nirbhaya's parents
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case