Did Nicolas Sarkozy order killing of Gaddafi?
London: Slain Libyan Muammar Gaddafi was killed by a French secret serviceman acting on the orders of Nicolas Sarkozy, it has emerged.
Well-placed sources in Libya have revealed that the motive was to stop Gaddafi being interrogated about his highly suspicious links with Sarkozy, who was France’s President at the time.
Now, Mahmoud Jibril, who served as interim Prime Minister following Gaddafi``s overthrow, told Egyptian TV that ‘it was a foreign agent who mixed with the revolutionary brigades to kill Gaddafi,’ the Daily Mail reports.
According to the paper, diplomatic sources in Tripoli, meanwhile suggested to the Italian newspaper Corriere della Serra that a foreign assassin was likely to have been French.
“Since the beginning of NATO support for the revolution, strongly backed by the government of Nicolas Sarkozy, Gaddafi openly threatened to reveal details of his relationship with the former president of France, including the millions of dollars paid to finance his candidacy at the 2007 elections,” the paper wrote.
The report quoted a Tripoli source, as saying that ‘Sarkozy had every reason to try to silence the Colonel and as quickly as possible.’
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- CHSE Odisha +2 Results 2015 (chseodisha.nic.in): Odisha Board Class 12th Result 2015 declared on orissaresults.nic.in