Didn’t ‘execute’ Assad loyalists: Syria rebels
Damascus: Syrian rebels have condemned and rejected responsibility for the public execution of four apparent Assad loyalists in the battleground city of Aleppo.
“We strongly condemn this kind of irresponsible behaviour and call on all revolutionary forces and the fighters on the ground to condemn such acts,” the Free Syrian Army (FSA) said in a statement.
Their remarks came after an online video showed the men, who included the alleged head of a feared local militia, being put up against a wall and shot with Kalashnikov rifles.
According to News24, the rebel group insisted the killings were ‘unacceptable, isolated and illegal’ and that they had nothing to do with the people who carried them out.
“These reprehensible acts do not conform with the ethics of the FSA or the Syrian revolution,” FSA said.
“We respect international laws and conventions, notably the Geneva Convention on the treatment of prisoners,” the group added.
An amateur video posted on YouTube by activists apparently showed FSA fighters executing regime loyalists from the Al-Berri tribe.
According to the report, the gunmen chanted ‘The FSA forever!’ as they led members of the tribe into a square.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH