Diplomacy best way to solve Iran nuke deadlock: China
Beijing: China on Thursday underlined the need for
diplomacy and negotiation to solve the row over Iran`s nuclear
programme as it was ready to play its role to end the
"To achieve a comprehensive long-term solution, China is
willing to stay in communication and consultation with all
parties and play our due role in promoting peaceful talks,"
Foreign Ministry spokesman Qin Gang told at a media briefing.
Asked about reports from UN that China, along with
Russia, is pressing Iran to scale down its nuclear programme
to avoid UN sanctions, Qin said China wants "proper resolution
of this issue through diplomatic means, dialogue and
negotiations and this is the best way out, which suits the
interests of all parties so as to ensure peace and stability
in that region."
"Only peaceful negotiations and diplomatic means can
yield good results and we always say that we have to achieve a
balance between input and output.
We have to bear that in mind so that the concerns of all
parties should be taken into consideration to support
international nuclear non-proliferation and regional peace and
security and stability to enhance mutual trust and
flexibility," he said.
Earlier, media reports quoted British UN Ambassador Mark
Lyall Grant as saying that Beijing seems to be ready for
serious discussions on new sanctions against Iran.
"My understanding is that they have agreed to engage
substantively," he was quoted in the media today as saying.
China steadfastly opposed sanctions against Iran. Russia,
a staunch supporter of Iran said it is readiness for limited
sanctions against Iran.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- Unidentified flying objects spotted over Mumbai airport not motorised: Home Department
- Militants kill five, target telecoms in Kashmir attacks
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- China doesn't recognise 'illegal' McMahon Line: Beijing responds to NSA Ajit Doval
- CBSE 10th Results 2015 to be declared on May 27