Diplomat confirms Iran nuke upgrade
Vienna: A senior diplomat is confirming Tehran`s announcement that it has started upgrading its nuclear programme.
He says that UN officials just back from Iran saw new machines positioned to vastly accelerate output of material usable both for reactor fuel and nuclear warheads.
The diplomat said on Thursday that the officials saw a small number of advanced centrifuges for enriching uranium at the Natanz plant southeast of Tehran. His comments follow Iran`s announcement the day before.
But while Iran said installation had begun, the diplomat said the officials only saw machines positioned for installation yesterday.
The machines are much faster than ones now enriching. Iran says it only wants reactor fuel but the centrifuges can also produce fissile warhead material.
The diplomat demanded anonymity because his information was confidential.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire