Diplomat suspected in Venezuelan death in Kenya
Nairobi: Kenyan police have asked a court to allow authorities to keep a diplomat in their custody beyond the 24-hour limit as they investigate the murder of the acting Venezuelan ambassador.
Prosecutor Tabitha Ouya asked the court on Monday to grant police 14 days to conclude investigations on Dwight Sagaray, the first secretary at Venezuela`s embassy in Kenya. He is being investigated over the murder of the charge d`affaires and acting ambassador Olga Fonseca.
High Court Judge Florence Muchemi said she would rule on the application tomorrow.
Fonseca was found strangled in the embassy`s official residence on Friday morning. She reported to Kenya on July 15 to replace former ambassador Gerardo Carillo-Silva.
Carillo-Silva left his posting in Kenya after facing allegations of sexual harassment by the three male workers from the residence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed