Diplomat suspected in Venezuelan death in Kenya
Nairobi: Kenyan police have asked a court to allow authorities to keep a diplomat in their custody beyond the 24-hour limit as they investigate the murder of the acting Venezuelan ambassador.
Prosecutor Tabitha Ouya asked the court on Monday to grant police 14 days to conclude investigations on Dwight Sagaray, the first secretary at Venezuela`s embassy in Kenya. He is being investigated over the murder of the charge d`affaires and acting ambassador Olga Fonseca.
High Court Judge Florence Muchemi said she would rule on the application tomorrow.
Fonseca was found strangled in the embassy`s official residence on Friday morning. She reported to Kenya on July 15 to replace former ambassador Gerardo Carillo-Silva.
Carillo-Silva left his posting in Kenya after facing allegations of sexual harassment by the three male workers from the residence.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Pakistan's ISI spy ring busted in India, BSF jawan among 2 held in Jammu, 3 agents apprehended in Kolkata