Diplomat suspected in Venezuelan death in Kenya
Nairobi: Kenyan police have asked a court to allow authorities to keep a diplomat in their custody beyond the 24-hour limit as they investigate the murder of the acting Venezuelan ambassador.
Prosecutor Tabitha Ouya asked the court on Monday to grant police 14 days to conclude investigations on Dwight Sagaray, the first secretary at Venezuela`s embassy in Kenya. He is being investigated over the murder of the charge d`affaires and acting ambassador Olga Fonseca.
High Court Judge Florence Muchemi said she would rule on the application tomorrow.
Fonseca was found strangled in the embassy`s official residence on Friday morning. She reported to Kenya on July 15 to replace former ambassador Gerardo Carillo-Silva.
Carillo-Silva left his posting in Kenya after facing allegations of sexual harassment by the three male workers from the residence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- Ruby Rai, Bihar Class 12 topper now under arrest for cheating, says she never wanted to top the exam
- Euro 2016: Iceland stun England in one of greatest ever shocks
- Three new suicide attacks in Lebanon village near Syria
- Preparing for Brexit, Britain may see new PM by early September
- US says India has shown sustained commitment to non-proliferation