Diplomat suspected in Venezuelan death in Kenya
Nairobi: Kenyan police have asked a court to allow authorities to keep a diplomat in their custody beyond the 24-hour limit as they investigate the murder of the acting Venezuelan ambassador.
Prosecutor Tabitha Ouya asked the court on Monday to grant police 14 days to conclude investigations on Dwight Sagaray, the first secretary at Venezuela`s embassy in Kenya. He is being investigated over the murder of the charge d`affaires and acting ambassador Olga Fonseca.
High Court Judge Florence Muchemi said she would rule on the application tomorrow.
Fonseca was found strangled in the embassy`s official residence on Friday morning. She reported to Kenya on July 15 to replace former ambassador Gerardo Carillo-Silva.
Carillo-Silva left his posting in Kenya after facing allegations of sexual harassment by the three male workers from the residence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees