Diplomat suspected in Venezuelan death in Kenya
Nairobi: Kenyan police have asked a court to allow authorities to keep a diplomat in their custody beyond the 24-hour limit as they investigate the murder of the acting Venezuelan ambassador.
Prosecutor Tabitha Ouya asked the court on Monday to grant police 14 days to conclude investigations on Dwight Sagaray, the first secretary at Venezuela`s embassy in Kenya. He is being investigated over the murder of the charge d`affaires and acting ambassador Olga Fonseca.
High Court Judge Florence Muchemi said she would rule on the application tomorrow.
Fonseca was found strangled in the embassy`s official residence on Friday morning. She reported to Kenya on July 15 to replace former ambassador Gerardo Carillo-Silva.
Carillo-Silva left his posting in Kenya after facing allegations of sexual harassment by the three male workers from the residence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jallikattu stir LIVE: Violence at student organisations' protest in Coimbatore, 5 students injured
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog