Divers recover 10 bodies from Nigeria ship sinking
Lagos: A contractor for Chevron Corp in Nigeria says divers have recovered the bodies of 10 sailors who drowned when their ship sank off the coast.
Sea Trucks Group said in a statement Friday that one other sailor remained missing from the sinking of the tug boat Jascon 4 some 14 nautical miles off the coast of Escravos, Nigeria.
The company says the boat overturned Sunday while trying to tow a tanker in the area.
The company says it has halted recovery efforts as the ship is now too unstable for divers to work in.
Offshore work can be dangerous, as sailors face Nigeria pirate and militant attacks. Industrial accidents happen as well. A sailor drowned in 2010 after falling overboard from a boat working for French oil firm Total SA.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Letter to Arvind Kejriwal - `Don't embarrass India again, buy yourself a pair of shoes`
- When a professor sexually abused a girl in classroom; watch other students' reaction
- Indian woman rescued from German refugee camp returns home, thanks government
- Signs that prove Lord Hanuman is still alive
- Will wipe out BJP and Congress from the country: Akbaruddin Owaisi