Doctors considering knee surgery: Venezuelan President
Caracas: Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez says his doctors are considering the possibility of having him undergo arthroscopic knee surgery due to a recent injury.
Chavez says on Twitter that the pain in his left knee has diminished, though it remains swollen.
Chavez says his medical team has been discussing the "possible need for arthroscopy" and adds: "We`ll see!"
The Venezuelan President provided the update on Thursday, three days after he cancelled a trip to Brazil, Ecuador and Cuba citing the injury.
Chavez said on Monday that he had gone for a walk, and had started jogging when he hit his knee. He said there had been a discharge of liquid inside his knee and that it swelled up. He has not appeared in public since then.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Euro 2016: Belgium beat Hungary 4-0 to reach quarterfinal as Yannick Carrasco scores final goal
- Singapore Airlines flight caught fire during emergency landing at Changi Airport - Details here
- New survey reveals why men resort to unprotected sex
- 4.7 magnitude earthquake hits India-Bangladesh border region
- Google pays musical tribute to Bollywood legend RD Burman on his 77th birth anniversary! - See pic