Doctors considering knee surgery: Venezuelan President
Caracas: Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez says his doctors are considering the possibility of having him undergo arthroscopic knee surgery due to a recent injury.
Chavez says on Twitter that the pain in his left knee has diminished, though it remains swollen.
Chavez says his medical team has been discussing the "possible need for arthroscopy" and adds: "We`ll see!"
The Venezuelan President provided the update on Thursday, three days after he cancelled a trip to Brazil, Ecuador and Cuba citing the injury.
Chavez said on Monday that he had gone for a walk, and had started jogging when he hit his knee. He said there had been a discharge of liquid inside his knee and that it swelled up. He has not appeared in public since then.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is the bread you are buying increasing your risk of cancer?
- Is the bread you are buying increasing your risk of cancer? - Part II
- DNA: Analysis of India's first-ever indigenous space shuttle RLV-TD
- DNA: Analysis of Chabahar pact signed between India, Iran and Afghanistan
- DNA: Analysis of the plight of Onion farmers in India
- Oil prices dip as Iran says no plan to freeze output
- IMF said Greece needs 'unconditional' debt relief from EU creditors
- Man who wanted to “shake hands with lions” arrested!
- Manipur HSLC Results 2016 : (manresult.nic.in) Manipur Board HSLC (10th Class) Results 2016, BSEM 10th (HSLC) Results to be declared today
- President seeks more information on NEET Ordinance