Documents concerning Auschwitz guards found
Warsaw (Poland): The Auschwitz memorial says that documents related to the daily life of the death camp`s commanders and guards have been found at a nearby house.
Museum spokesman Pawel Sawicki said Monday that historians have checked through documents such as food coupons, a map and death certificates, and they have more to look through.
The documents — more than 200 in total — were found recently in the attic of a house being renovated in the southern town of Oswiecim, where the Nazis built the Auschwitz-Birkenau camp.
Between 1940 and 1945 more than 1 million people, mostly Jews, were killed in the gas chambers there or died of starvation or disease while forced to perform hard labor at the camp.
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?-Part II
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?-Part III
- DNA: Media bribed for suppressing details of AgustaWestland chopper scam
- DNA: India's own GPS system, IRNSS-G1 successfully launched
- Govt to release 25 declassified files related to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose on Friday
- Scary! Truck carrying firecrackers catches fire at Yamuna Expressway – Watch
- Watch video: Top 10 incredible health benefits of pineapples!
- 1971 Indo-Pak war: 'Dusting was Indira Gandhi's stress-buster'
- House of Representative Speaker Paul Ryan invites PM Modi to address joint meeting of US Congress