Documents concerning Auschwitz guards found
Warsaw (Poland): The Auschwitz memorial says that documents related to the daily life of the death camp`s commanders and guards have been found at a nearby house.
Museum spokesman Pawel Sawicki said Monday that historians have checked through documents such as food coupons, a map and death certificates, and they have more to look through.
The documents — more than 200 in total — were found recently in the attic of a house being renovated in the southern town of Oswiecim, where the Nazis built the Auschwitz-Birkenau camp.
Between 1940 and 1945 more than 1 million people, mostly Jews, were killed in the gas chambers there or died of starvation or disease while forced to perform hard labor at the camp.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- LIVE: Jallikattu protests turn violent, vehicles near Ice House Police station set on fire
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog