Dog in Belarus village inherits USD 1 million
Moscow: This dog has had its day! A canine from the small village of Budochka in Belarus has inherited a whopping USD 1 million from a US citizen.
The ten-year-old dog named Zhulik inherited the fortune from the late John Fyodorov, who was born in Budochka but migrated to the US after World War II, according to local newspaper Respublika daily.
Maria Protasenya, a lawyer from Minsk, confirmed that a special bank account opened for the dog currently boasts USD 993,700, Ria Novosti reported.
As per Fyodorov`s last will, the dog now has its own room with a large bed and plasma TV, balanced meals - which must include no less than half a kilogram of meat - three times a day, and walks in the fresh air and showers twice a day.
The dog also has the right to travel once a year to any country around the globe, which the canine will choose by pointing its muzzle at a place on a map.
Zhulik is due to take its first trip in July, and it`s owner Vasily Potapov said he hoped his pet would point its muzzle at Paris, the report said.
Potapov said Fyodorov had visited the village in 2007 and said the dog reminded him of his dog Valet, who died.
When Valet had fallen severely ill and Fyodorov had to decide between an expensive surgery for the dog to save its life and buying a ticket to Sacramento, he chose the latter.
The dog later died and Fyodorov reportedly could not forgive himself for the death of the dog.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- DNA: 50-lane traffic jam in China during national holiday
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?