Dog in Belarus village inherits USD 1 million
Moscow: This dog has had its day! A canine from the small village of Budochka in Belarus has inherited a whopping USD 1 million from a US citizen.
The ten-year-old dog named Zhulik inherited the fortune from the late John Fyodorov, who was born in Budochka but migrated to the US after World War II, according to local newspaper Respublika daily.
Maria Protasenya, a lawyer from Minsk, confirmed that a special bank account opened for the dog currently boasts USD 993,700, Ria Novosti reported.
As per Fyodorov`s last will, the dog now has its own room with a large bed and plasma TV, balanced meals - which must include no less than half a kilogram of meat - three times a day, and walks in the fresh air and showers twice a day.
The dog also has the right to travel once a year to any country around the globe, which the canine will choose by pointing its muzzle at a place on a map.
Zhulik is due to take its first trip in July, and it`s owner Vasily Potapov said he hoped his pet would point its muzzle at Paris, the report said.
Potapov said Fyodorov had visited the village in 2007 and said the dog reminded him of his dog Valet, who died.
When Valet had fallen severely ill and Fyodorov had to decide between an expensive surgery for the dog to save its life and buying a ticket to Sacramento, he chose the latter.
The dog later died and Fyodorov reportedly could not forgive himself for the death of the dog.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Shocking CCTV footage of a woman assaulting her mother-in-law
- Quota row: Hardik Patel threatens Gujarat’s govt again
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Mumbai police to probe if RK Singh's claims on Dawood Ibrahim substantiated
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- After Naved, another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Shocking revelation! Indrani Mukherjea's daughter Sheena Bora was pregnant