Dog in Belarus village inherits USD 1 million
Moscow: This dog has had its day! A canine from the small village of Budochka in Belarus has inherited a whopping USD 1 million from a US citizen.
The ten-year-old dog named Zhulik inherited the fortune from the late John Fyodorov, who was born in Budochka but migrated to the US after World War II, according to local newspaper Respublika daily.
Maria Protasenya, a lawyer from Minsk, confirmed that a special bank account opened for the dog currently boasts USD 993,700, Ria Novosti reported.
As per Fyodorov`s last will, the dog now has its own room with a large bed and plasma TV, balanced meals - which must include no less than half a kilogram of meat - three times a day, and walks in the fresh air and showers twice a day.
The dog also has the right to travel once a year to any country around the globe, which the canine will choose by pointing its muzzle at a place on a map.
Zhulik is due to take its first trip in July, and it`s owner Vasily Potapov said he hoped his pet would point its muzzle at Paris, the report said.
Potapov said Fyodorov had visited the village in 2007 and said the dog reminded him of his dog Valet, who died.
When Valet had fallen severely ill and Fyodorov had to decide between an expensive surgery for the dog to save its life and buying a ticket to Sacramento, he chose the latter.
The dog later died and Fyodorov reportedly could not forgive himself for the death of the dog.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed