Dog in Belarus village inherits USD 1 million
Moscow: This dog has had its day! A canine from the small village of Budochka in Belarus has inherited a whopping USD 1 million from a US citizen.
The ten-year-old dog named Zhulik inherited the fortune from the late John Fyodorov, who was born in Budochka but migrated to the US after World War II, according to local newspaper Respublika daily.
Maria Protasenya, a lawyer from Minsk, confirmed that a special bank account opened for the dog currently boasts USD 993,700, Ria Novosti reported.
As per Fyodorov`s last will, the dog now has its own room with a large bed and plasma TV, balanced meals - which must include no less than half a kilogram of meat - three times a day, and walks in the fresh air and showers twice a day.
The dog also has the right to travel once a year to any country around the globe, which the canine will choose by pointing its muzzle at a place on a map.
Zhulik is due to take its first trip in July, and it`s owner Vasily Potapov said he hoped his pet would point its muzzle at Paris, the report said.
Potapov said Fyodorov had visited the village in 2007 and said the dog reminded him of his dog Valet, who died.
When Valet had fallen severely ill and Fyodorov had to decide between an expensive surgery for the dog to save its life and buying a ticket to Sacramento, he chose the latter.
The dog later died and Fyodorov reportedly could not forgive himself for the death of the dog.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- Check mahresult.nic.in for Maharashtra HSC Result 2015 to be announced at 1 pm on May 27
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt