Dog walker finds 60,000 pounds floating in UK river
London: In an unusual discovery, a dog walker in UK has found cash worth a whopping 60,000 pounds mysteriously floating down a river.
The banknotes were spotted floating in the South Drove Drain near Spalding town centre by a dog walker last month.
The money was retrieved from the river by officials, whose initial count estimated the cash to be around sixty thousand pounds.
A large amount of the money has been damaged but there is a good quantity of bank notes that appear to be in fair condition.
"It isn`t everyday that an amount of money like this is found. Somebody must have information that will help trace the lawful owner," said Det Con Steve Hull, of Spalding CID.
Police are considering detailed forensic examination of the money. The money will remain with the police until the investigation is complete.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH