`Dominique Strauss-Kahn used prostitutes at hotel`
Paris: Soon after being cleared of the charges of attempting to rape a young French journalist in Paris, former IMF chief Dominique Strauss-Kahn has now been implicated in an investigation into underage prostitution.
According to the Daily Mail, Strauss-Kahn, 62, is among politicians and business leaders allegedly named in a ‘black book’ of clients at a luxury hotel in Lille that was said to double as a brothel.
A judicial Inquiry into prostitution at Carlton Hotel took place in March in the wake of claims that underage girls were involved in it.
French Closer magazine, which published the claims, said it has seen prosecution documents that said Strauss-Kahn used prostitutes at the hotel.
“The prostitutes and the go-betweens charging for sex indeed put forward the name of the husband of Anne Sinclair,” the magazine claimed.
“According to one of the girls in the ring, Dominique Strauss-Kahn would have benefitted from her services,” it said.
The paper said that senior staff from the Carlton Hotel, including the manager and a public relations executive, were arrested earlier this month as part of the inquiry.
They are said to have acted as ‘pimps’ for their guests, and face charges of procuring prostitutes, organised conspiracy in criminal acts and money laundering.
The magazine, well known for its investigative journalism, claimed it has 100 percent confirmation from Lille examining judges that Strauss-Kahn was a client of those accused.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok