`Dominique Strauss-Kahn used prostitutes at hotel`
Paris: Soon after being cleared of the charges of attempting to rape a young French journalist in Paris, former IMF chief Dominique Strauss-Kahn has now been implicated in an investigation into underage prostitution.
According to the Daily Mail, Strauss-Kahn, 62, is among politicians and business leaders allegedly named in a ‘black book’ of clients at a luxury hotel in Lille that was said to double as a brothel.
A judicial Inquiry into prostitution at Carlton Hotel took place in March in the wake of claims that underage girls were involved in it.
French Closer magazine, which published the claims, said it has seen prosecution documents that said Strauss-Kahn used prostitutes at the hotel.
“The prostitutes and the go-betweens charging for sex indeed put forward the name of the husband of Anne Sinclair,” the magazine claimed.
“According to one of the girls in the ring, Dominique Strauss-Kahn would have benefitted from her services,” it said.
The paper said that senior staff from the Carlton Hotel, including the manager and a public relations executive, were arrested earlier this month as part of the inquiry.
They are said to have acted as ‘pimps’ for their guests, and face charges of procuring prostitutes, organised conspiracy in criminal acts and money laundering.
The magazine, well known for its investigative journalism, claimed it has 100 percent confirmation from Lille examining judges that Strauss-Kahn was a client of those accused.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- News reporter Hemant Yadav shot by unidentified bikers
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?