`Dominique Strauss-Kahn used prostitutes at hotel`
Paris: Soon after being cleared of the charges of attempting to rape a young French journalist in Paris, former IMF chief Dominique Strauss-Kahn has now been implicated in an investigation into underage prostitution.
According to the Daily Mail, Strauss-Kahn, 62, is among politicians and business leaders allegedly named in a ‘black book’ of clients at a luxury hotel in Lille that was said to double as a brothel.
A judicial Inquiry into prostitution at Carlton Hotel took place in March in the wake of claims that underage girls were involved in it.
French Closer magazine, which published the claims, said it has seen prosecution documents that said Strauss-Kahn used prostitutes at the hotel.
“The prostitutes and the go-betweens charging for sex indeed put forward the name of the husband of Anne Sinclair,” the magazine claimed.
“According to one of the girls in the ring, Dominique Strauss-Kahn would have benefitted from her services,” it said.
The paper said that senior staff from the Carlton Hotel, including the manager and a public relations executive, were arrested earlier this month as part of the inquiry.
They are said to have acted as ‘pimps’ for their guests, and face charges of procuring prostitutes, organised conspiracy in criminal acts and money laundering.
The magazine, well known for its investigative journalism, claimed it has 100 percent confirmation from Lille examining judges that Strauss-Kahn was a client of those accused.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister