Don`t be a gay or lesbian: Former Malaysian PM
Kuala Lumpur: Don`t be a gay or lesbian as the whole human race can be wiped out. This is what former Malaysian premier Mahathir Mohamad has to say about what he calls "not natural".
He said LGBTs were "not natural" for biological reasons.
"Men marrying men, women marrying women... It`s not natural. Just imagine if we all indulge in that. No children. One generation and the whole human race is wiped out," Mahathir said.
Speaking at a forum "Politics and Business: The Malaysian Connection" here, Mahathir said that once you catered for a specific group such as the LGBT, others would follow suit and ask for more rights too.
"Now we have institutions for men and men, women and women. I want to see how many children they have," he said.
In Muslim majority Malaysia LGBT rights are not recognized. The nation retains its colonial era penal code criminalising sodomy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Team India, South Africa arrive for second T20 match
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?