Don`t be a gay or lesbian: Former Malaysian PM
Kuala Lumpur: Don`t be a gay or lesbian as the whole human race can be wiped out. This is what former Malaysian premier Mahathir Mohamad has to say about what he calls "not natural".
He said LGBTs were "not natural" for biological reasons.
"Men marrying men, women marrying women... It`s not natural. Just imagine if we all indulge in that. No children. One generation and the whole human race is wiped out," Mahathir said.
Speaking at a forum "Politics and Business: The Malaysian Connection" here, Mahathir said that once you catered for a specific group such as the LGBT, others would follow suit and ask for more rights too.
"Now we have institutions for men and men, women and women. I want to see how many children they have," he said.
In Muslim majority Malaysia LGBT rights are not recognized. The nation retains its colonial era penal code criminalising sodomy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets