Don`t be a gay or lesbian: Former Malaysian PM
Kuala Lumpur: Don`t be a gay or lesbian as the whole human race can be wiped out. This is what former Malaysian premier Mahathir Mohamad has to say about what he calls "not natural".
He said LGBTs were "not natural" for biological reasons.
"Men marrying men, women marrying women... It`s not natural. Just imagine if we all indulge in that. No children. One generation and the whole human race is wiped out," Mahathir said.
Speaking at a forum "Politics and Business: The Malaysian Connection" here, Mahathir said that once you catered for a specific group such as the LGBT, others would follow suit and ask for more rights too.
"Now we have institutions for men and men, women and women. I want to see how many children they have," he said.
In Muslim majority Malaysia LGBT rights are not recognized. The nation retains its colonial era penal code criminalising sodomy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ISIS threat: Home Ministry holds meeting with 12 state DGPs
- Delhi: Doctor found dead in RML hospital's parking lot
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Playing politics on terror: Is this how the govt will combat terrorism?
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement