Don`t be a gay or lesbian: Former Malaysian PM
Kuala Lumpur: Don`t be a gay or lesbian as the whole human race can be wiped out. This is what former Malaysian premier Mahathir Mohamad has to say about what he calls "not natural".
He said LGBTs were "not natural" for biological reasons.
"Men marrying men, women marrying women... It`s not natural. Just imagine if we all indulge in that. No children. One generation and the whole human race is wiped out," Mahathir said.
Speaking at a forum "Politics and Business: The Malaysian Connection" here, Mahathir said that once you catered for a specific group such as the LGBT, others would follow suit and ask for more rights too.
"Now we have institutions for men and men, women and women. I want to see how many children they have," he said.
In Muslim majority Malaysia LGBT rights are not recognized. The nation retains its colonial era penal code criminalising sodomy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Wimbledon 2015: Sania Mirza, Rohan Bopanna through to quarters, Paes' campaign ends