‘Don`t shake hands with Muslims’
London: Academicians at Cambridge University have been warned against shaking hands with Muslims or disabled people over fears of upset, a media report said on Thursday.
A directive sent by the admissions office has warned that some students are "culturally sensitive" to traditional greetings. It says "suitable body language" is just as welcoming, according to the Daily Express.
However, most tutors have termed it "ridiculous", saying the politically correct decree treats them as "social misfits".
"It seems to be totally bonkers. We know when to shake someone`s hand and when not to. All this seems to be stupid and pointless and could make interviews even more awkward," one academician said.
Another said: "This is ridiculous. It would be obvious if someone objected to handshakes and we would know what to do. We don`t need instructions."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- BSF catches cow slaughter gang near India-Bangladesh border in Malda
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...