‘Don`t shake hands with Muslims’
London: Academicians at Cambridge University have been warned against shaking hands with Muslims or disabled people over fears of upset, a media report said on Thursday.
A directive sent by the admissions office has warned that some students are "culturally sensitive" to traditional greetings. It says "suitable body language" is just as welcoming, according to the Daily Express.
However, most tutors have termed it "ridiculous", saying the politically correct decree treats them as "social misfits".
"It seems to be totally bonkers. We know when to shake someone`s hand and when not to. All this seems to be stupid and pointless and could make interviews even more awkward," one academician said.
Another said: "This is ridiculous. It would be obvious if someone objected to handshakes and we would know what to do. We don`t need instructions."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report