Don`t shut Hormuz, says China
Doha: The Strait of Hormuz should be kept open "under all circumstances", Chinese Premier Wen Jiabao has said, in a clear warning to both Iran and the US.
Beijing opposes "any extreme acts" at the strategic passageway, the China Daily quoted him as saying on Wednesday.
"Any extreme acts across the Strait of Hormuz, under whatever circumstances they are taken, are against the common interests and aspiration of the people across the world," Wen said here.
The Chinese Premier said cargo transportation through the strait should be protected because it concerns the interests of the whole humanity.
China maintains that the Iranian nuclear issue should be resolved through peaceful means, he said.
China "firmly opposes Iran producing and possessing nuclear weapons and will work with concerned parties to establish a nuclear-free Middle East", Wen said.
Wen arrived in Doha on Wednesday after an official visit to the United Arab Emirates.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- This is how Dr APJ Abdul Kalam looked when he was a kid!
- Govt reviews porn ban order, blocks only child pornography-related websites
- 'Idiots are lined up at every step': Young IAS officer's fight against sexual harassment
- Which Kapoor does Katrina like the most besides beau Ranbir?