Don`t support foreign interference: Syria to BRICS
New Delhi: Syria has urged the BRICS leaders to oppose any foreign interference in its internal affairs.
Wishing success to the leaders of Brazil, Russia, India, China, and South Africa at their fourth summit in New Delhi on Thursday, the Syrian government has appealed them to support UN Arab envoy Kofi Annan`s initiative in the country.
It has also urged the BRICS leaders to point out that any solution to any crisis must be indigenous without any foreign military intervention, a statement issued by the Syrian embassy here said.
"The Syrian people call upon the leaders of this group to raise their voices in adherence with the UN Charter which will promote global peace, security and stability," the statement said.
The Syrian government has welcomed Annan`s initiative to restore normalcy in the country. The initiative aims at the cessation of violence and a dialogue by all political parties in Syria.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group launches 'Asha 2022' affordable housing scheme
- Soldier buried under avalanche found alive at Siachen glacier
- PM Modi praises Ekal Vidyalaya Foundation, deems mission successful
- Does religion teach gender discrimination?
- Panel discussion on detention of goat for grazing in bureaucrat's garden
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen
- See pic: Call for further study after discovery of baboon-like creature on Mars!
- Watch: This guy convinces girls to get pictures clicked with him – know how