Don`t support foreign interference: Syria to BRICS
New Delhi: Syria has urged the BRICS leaders to oppose any foreign interference in its internal affairs.
Wishing success to the leaders of Brazil, Russia, India, China, and South Africa at their fourth summit in New Delhi on Thursday, the Syrian government has appealed them to support UN Arab envoy Kofi Annan`s initiative in the country.
It has also urged the BRICS leaders to point out that any solution to any crisis must be indigenous without any foreign military intervention, a statement issued by the Syrian embassy here said.
"The Syrian people call upon the leaders of this group to raise their voices in adherence with the UN Charter which will promote global peace, security and stability," the statement said.
The Syrian government has welcomed Annan`s initiative to restore normalcy in the country. The initiative aims at the cessation of violence and a dialogue by all political parties in Syria.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report