Don`t support foreign interference: Syria to BRICS
New Delhi: Syria has urged the BRICS leaders to oppose any foreign interference in its internal affairs.
Wishing success to the leaders of Brazil, Russia, India, China, and South Africa at their fourth summit in New Delhi on Thursday, the Syrian government has appealed them to support UN Arab envoy Kofi Annan`s initiative in the country.
It has also urged the BRICS leaders to point out that any solution to any crisis must be indigenous without any foreign military intervention, a statement issued by the Syrian embassy here said.
"The Syrian people call upon the leaders of this group to raise their voices in adherence with the UN Charter which will promote global peace, security and stability," the statement said.
The Syrian government has welcomed Annan`s initiative to restore normalcy in the country. The initiative aims at the cessation of violence and a dialogue by all political parties in Syria.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Delhi government bans Chinese firecrackers for this Diwali