Don`t support foreign interference: Syria to BRICS
New Delhi: Syria has urged the BRICS leaders to oppose any foreign interference in its internal affairs.
Wishing success to the leaders of Brazil, Russia, India, China, and South Africa at their fourth summit in New Delhi on Thursday, the Syrian government has appealed them to support UN Arab envoy Kofi Annan`s initiative in the country.
It has also urged the BRICS leaders to point out that any solution to any crisis must be indigenous without any foreign military intervention, a statement issued by the Syrian embassy here said.
"The Syrian people call upon the leaders of this group to raise their voices in adherence with the UN Charter which will promote global peace, security and stability," the statement said.
The Syrian government has welcomed Annan`s initiative to restore normalcy in the country. The initiative aims at the cessation of violence and a dialogue by all political parties in Syria.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional