Don`t support foreign interference: Syria to BRICS
New Delhi: Syria has urged the BRICS leaders to oppose any foreign interference in its internal affairs.
Wishing success to the leaders of Brazil, Russia, India, China, and South Africa at their fourth summit in New Delhi on Thursday, the Syrian government has appealed them to support UN Arab envoy Kofi Annan`s initiative in the country.
It has also urged the BRICS leaders to point out that any solution to any crisis must be indigenous without any foreign military intervention, a statement issued by the Syrian embassy here said.
"The Syrian people call upon the leaders of this group to raise their voices in adherence with the UN Charter which will promote global peace, security and stability," the statement said.
The Syrian government has welcomed Annan`s initiative to restore normalcy in the country. The initiative aims at the cessation of violence and a dialogue by all political parties in Syria.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Indian Army prepares to secure Arunachal Pradesh from China
- Priyanka teams with Jodie Foster to reinvent song
- Akshay Kumar hides daughter Nitara's face from the paps and it's so CUTE! Picture proof inside
- Banning cash transactions over Rs 3 lakh under consideration: CBDT
- Both US and India have been tolerant nations since their existence: Acharya Lokesh
- Narsingh Yadav dope case: Grappler took banned substance intentionally, claims CAS