Don`t test world`s patience, Canada warns Iran
Toronto: Joining other major nations to force Iran to back down on its nuclear ambitions, Canada on Friday supported further sanctions on Tehran. Ottawa said Tehran`s claim to soon unveil faster uranium enrichment capabilities was a threat to world security.
"The claim that Iran is advancing its enrichment technology is a clear example that the regime is further testing the patience of the international community,`` said Foreign Minister Cannon Lawrence.
Slamming Iran for ignoring its international obligations, Lawrence said the current regime in Tehran was a serious threat to "global security”.
He demanded that "the Iranian regime must address the serious lack of confidence that members of the international community have in its nuclear programme.”
"The military links to Iran`s nuclear programme remain completely unresolved, and Iran has made no attempt to live up to the minimum standard of compliance.``
Supporting further UN sanctions against Tehran, the minister said, "Canada will work with its allies to encourage effective responses to the threat that Iran poses to international peace and security.``
Expressing solidarity with pro-democracy forces in Iran, he said, "Canada continues to express its serious concerns over the Iranian regime`s continued suppression of the Iranian democracy movement, the regime`s blatant disregard of basic human rights, and its use of brute force against the people of Iran.”
"While we are deeply concerned with the actions of the regime, the people of Iran must know that we stand with them in their struggle.``
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened