Don’t use Taiwan to interfere in internal affairs: China to US
Beijing: Li Zhaoxing, the chairman of the National People`s Congress (NPC) Foreign Affairs Committee, has said the use of the Taiwan issue by certain country to interfere into China’s internal affairs is “unacceptable”.
“The use of Taiwan issue to interfere into China`s internal affairs and disrupt the great cause of reunification of the Chinese motherland hurts the feelings of the Chinese people across the Taiwan Strait and this is completely unacceptable,” The China Daily quoted Zhaoxing, as saying.
Earlier in January, Washington had announced plans to sell an arms package to Taiwan, which included Patriot missiles, Black Hawk helicopters and mine sweepers.
“At a time, when the Chinese people across the Taiwan Strait are carrying out friendly exchanges as brothers, the advanced arms sales to Taiwan by a certain country is like handing a dagger to one person when he is hugging his brother,” Zhaoxing added.
“The Taiwan issue concerns China`s core interests and the feelings of all Chinese people across the Taiwan Strait,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Zee Media Exclusive: In conversation with BJP President Amit Shah
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'