Don’t use Taiwan to interfere in internal affairs: China to US
Beijing: Li Zhaoxing, the chairman of the National People`s Congress (NPC) Foreign Affairs Committee, has said the use of the Taiwan issue by certain country to interfere into China’s internal affairs is “unacceptable”.
“The use of Taiwan issue to interfere into China`s internal affairs and disrupt the great cause of reunification of the Chinese motherland hurts the feelings of the Chinese people across the Taiwan Strait and this is completely unacceptable,” The China Daily quoted Zhaoxing, as saying.
Earlier in January, Washington had announced plans to sell an arms package to Taiwan, which included Patriot missiles, Black Hawk helicopters and mine sweepers.
“At a time, when the Chinese people across the Taiwan Strait are carrying out friendly exchanges as brothers, the advanced arms sales to Taiwan by a certain country is like handing a dagger to one person when he is hugging his brother,” Zhaoxing added.
“The Taiwan issue concerns China`s core interests and the feelings of all Chinese people across the Taiwan Strait,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites