Don’t vote for Mitt Romney: David Letterman
Washington: An American channel Host has asked Americans not to vote for Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney if he does not appear on his show by Election Day on November 6.
Romney’s presidential campaign has ‘done a first-rate job of snubbing us’, CBS News ‘Late Show’ host David Letterman said, demanding his audience that if Romney hasn``t appeared on his show by Election Day on Nov. 6, ‘don`t vote for him’.
Reprising past pleas to the former Massachusetts governor, Letterman announced that ‘Mitch’ Romney, as the bit goes, has his pick of ‘any night, any time, short notice, whatever he wants’. President Obama went on the show last week.
Letterman said he`s "getting a whiff" that Romney`s "scared -- let me rephrase that... yellow," and joked that the nominee won`t come to his studio and talk to him but is "going to put China in their place."
He insisted his jokes about Romney aren`t personal.
"We just make fun of everybody -- that`s the whole deal," Letterman said.
"And it just happens that ``Mitch`` is funnier than Obama. So it doesn`t mean anything." Pointing out that he himself is an independent, he said, adding: "I have no dog in this fight, ladies and gentlemen."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!