Don`t you know who I am: Ex-IMF chief to chambermaid
New York: "Don`t you know who I am!" is
what former IMF chief Dominique Strauss-Kahn told the hotel
maid while pinning her down during the alleged sexual assault
on her, according to a media report on Tuesday.
"Don`t you know who I am! Don`t you know who I am?" he
said while pinning the 32-year-old maid down, law enforcement
officials told a news channel.
Sources told the news channel that the immigrant from Guinea
repeatedly told him, "Please, please stop. No!" and that she
couldn`t afford to lose her job.
"Please stop. I need my job, I can`t lose my job,
don`t do this. I will lose my job. Please, please stop! Please
stop!" she pleaded, according to law enforcement sources.
Strauss-Kahn allegedly responded, "No, baby. Don`t
worry, you`re not going to lose your job. Please, baby, don`t
worry... don`t you know who I am? Don`t you know who I am?"
The former IMF chief, who was indicted on seven counts
on Thursday, allegedly forced the maid at the Sofitel hotel in
Manhattan to perform oral sex.
He was taken into custody a few minutes before his Air
France flight departed for Paris.
Strauss-Kahn is out on a USD 6 million bail.
He has been put under house arrest and he has to wear
an electronic monitoring device. Strauss-Kahn denied
wrongdoing and is expected to plead not guilty.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves
- 1st T20: India vs South Africa - Statistical highlights