Double celebration for White House on Independence Day
Washington: As the US marked its Independence Day, the occasion for the White House came with a double celebration as President Barack Obama`s elder daughter Malia turned 15.
"And by the way, it`s Malia`s birthday, so she is appreciative that you`re all going to be wishing her happy birthday as well," Obama said amidst applause at a White House event to celebrate America`s 237th Independence Day.
Malia, the eldest of the two daughters of the Obama`s, on Thursday turned 15.
Malia and her younger sister Sasha, 12, had accompanied Obama and the First Lady during their just concluded Africa trip that took them to South Africa.
In February this year, Obama had hinted that one of his daughters, possibly Malia, was now dating.
"I do have to warn the parents who are here, who still have young kids, they grow up to be like 5 feet 10 inches. And even if they`re still nice to you, they basically don`t have a lot of time for you during the weekends," he said.
"They have sleepovers and dates. So all that early investment just leaves them to go away," Obama had said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- LIVE: Jallikattu Bill passed unanimously in state Assembly; violence rocks Tamil Nadu
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog