Downpours leave 14 dead, several missing in China
Beijing: At least 14 people were killed while several others went missing following heavy rainfall that caused flooding and landslide in various regions across China, authorities said on Sunday.
Torrential rains and hail that suddenly lashed Erdos city in China`s Inner Mongolia region, on Sunday afternoon killed at least eight people and left another missing, reported Xinhua citing government sources said.
In Anhui province, four people died and as many buried under houses that collapsed due to flooding on Sunday, local authorities said.
The floods that hit Huangshan city have also left two people missing, according to a statement from the city`s flood control centre.
In Sichuan province, flooding and landslides triggered by torrential rain killed two people and left five others missing.
Search and rescue efforts are under way to reach those who are missing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- Demonetisation: Majority of ATMs still out of cash
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- This happens only in Pakistan? You won't believe what this boy did in front of his lady teacher - WATCH
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Unseen Video: On Yuvraj Singh, Hazel Keech's wedding reception, MS Dhoni greets couple with a hug