Downpours leave 14 dead, several missing in China
Beijing: At least 14 people were killed while several others went missing following heavy rainfall that caused flooding and landslide in various regions across China, authorities said on Sunday.
Torrential rains and hail that suddenly lashed Erdos city in China`s Inner Mongolia region, on Sunday afternoon killed at least eight people and left another missing, reported Xinhua citing government sources said.
In Anhui province, four people died and as many buried under houses that collapsed due to flooding on Sunday, local authorities said.
The floods that hit Huangshan city have also left two people missing, according to a statement from the city`s flood control centre.
In Sichuan province, flooding and landslides triggered by torrential rain killed two people and left five others missing.
Search and rescue efforts are under way to reach those who are missing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- 'Bajirao Mastani' still galloping at box office, mints Rs 350 cr!
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- Indian cricketers are getting married in Twenty20 mode
- SDM report holds Ryan school guilty of Divyansh's death