Dozens feared killed in Nigeria explosion
Yobe (Nigeria): Dozens of people were feared killed in Nigeria when an improvised bomb exploded in a crowded market in a restive town, officials said.
Spokesperson of the military Joint Task Force (JTF) Lt. Eli Lazarus confirmed the explosion Sunday night in Potiskum town in the northeastren Yobe state but did not give further details on the incident, Xinhua reported.
"Detailed report is still awaited," Lazarus said.
However, other officials in the state said the improvised explosive device (IED) blast occurred in a busy market in Potiskum, and dozens of traders and other people might have been killed in the attack.
"It was market day and the whole place was crowded," added a local security official, who preferred anonymity.
Potiskum has recently come under serious attacks by gunmen and bombers.
Earlier, at least 13 people were killed in various violent attacks carried out in the restive town of Yobe state, military authorities told Xinhua.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Shocking CCTV footage of a woman assaulting her mother-in-law
- Quota row: Hardik Patel threatens Gujarat’s govt again
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Mumbai police to probe if RK Singh's claims on Dawood Ibrahim substantiated
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- After Naved, another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Shocking revelation! Indrani Mukherjea's daughter Sheena Bora was pregnant