Dozens killed, hurt, missing in rain: N Korea
Seoul: North Korea says dozens of people were killed, injured or missing after torrential rain pounded the country between late June and mid-July.
The North`s official Korean Central News Agency said on Monday that 8,000 people were displaced when floods destroyed nearly 3,000 houses across the country.
The North says harvests are expected to suffer this year because large amounts of farmland were submerged or lost.
The North didn`t say how much damage was suffered in last week`s downpours. Those torrential rains caused landslides in South Korea that killed dozens of people.
The North said over the weekend that China had decided to provide relief aid. It did not reveal the amount of aid.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location