Dozens of Libyan dissidents missing: Amnesty
London: Amnesty International says dozens
of people in Libya, including dissidents and opposition figures, have disappeared and are likely detained by forces loyal to Moammar Gadhafi.
The London-based rights group lists more than 30 cases
in which individuals including political activists and those
suspected of supporting rebel fighters have disappeared since
The cases were based on testimonies from relatives and others related to those reported missing.
The group said yesterday that Gadhafi`s supporters appear to have a systematic policy to detain anyone suspected
of opposition to the dictator`s rule. It says some of the
dissidents are held incommunicado and transfered to Gadhafi`s
stronghold in western Libya.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi