Dozens of Libyan dissidents missing: Amnesty
London: Amnesty International says dozens
of people in Libya, including dissidents and opposition figures, have disappeared and are likely detained by forces loyal to Moammar Gadhafi.
The London-based rights group lists more than 30 cases
in which individuals including political activists and those
suspected of supporting rebel fighters have disappeared since
The cases were based on testimonies from relatives and others related to those reported missing.
The group said yesterday that Gadhafi`s supporters appear to have a systematic policy to detain anyone suspected
of opposition to the dictator`s rule. It says some of the
dissidents are held incommunicado and transfered to Gadhafi`s
stronghold in western Libya.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?