Dozens protest at US Embassy in Paris
Paris: A French police official says a few dozen people protested in front of the US Embassy in Paris before police broke up the demonstration.
Television images showed Muslim protesters praying on the wide sidewalks in front of the embassy.
Saturday`s protest was part of a wave of demonstrations by Muslims outside US diplomatic posts, some of which have turned violent, over a film deemed offensive to Islam.
The official, who spoke on condition of anonymity because he wasn`t authorised to give his name because of police rules, said the protest wasn`t registered and at least 80 protesters were taken away for identity checks. He said they have no plans to hold the demonstrators.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands