Dozens protest at US Embassy in Paris
Paris: A French police official says a few dozen people protested in front of the US Embassy in Paris before police broke up the demonstration.
Television images showed Muslim protesters praying on the wide sidewalks in front of the embassy.
Saturday`s protest was part of a wave of demonstrations by Muslims outside US diplomatic posts, some of which have turned violent, over a film deemed offensive to Islam.
The official, who spoke on condition of anonymity because he wasn`t authorised to give his name because of police rules, said the protest wasn`t registered and at least 80 protesters were taken away for identity checks. He said they have no plans to hold the demonstrators.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter