Dozens protest at US Embassy in Paris
Paris: A French police official says a few dozen people protested in front of the US Embassy in Paris before police broke up the demonstration.
Television images showed Muslim protesters praying on the wide sidewalks in front of the embassy.
Saturday`s protest was part of a wave of demonstrations by Muslims outside US diplomatic posts, some of which have turned violent, over a film deemed offensive to Islam.
The official, who spoke on condition of anonymity because he wasn`t authorised to give his name because of police rules, said the protest wasn`t registered and at least 80 protesters were taken away for identity checks. He said they have no plans to hold the demonstrators.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Will multi-level car parking system across India help reduce traffic jams?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city