Dozens protest at US Embassy in Paris
Paris: A French police official says a few dozen people protested in front of the US Embassy in Paris before police broke up the demonstration.
Television images showed Muslim protesters praying on the wide sidewalks in front of the embassy.
Saturday`s protest was part of a wave of demonstrations by Muslims outside US diplomatic posts, some of which have turned violent, over a film deemed offensive to Islam.
The official, who spoke on condition of anonymity because he wasn`t authorised to give his name because of police rules, said the protest wasn`t registered and at least 80 protesters were taken away for identity checks. He said they have no plans to hold the demonstrators.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31