Driver, associate held in China for raping school
Beijing: Chinese police have arrested a school bus driver and his associate for allegedly raping a 13-year-old student in northeast Heilongjiang province.
The driver, surnamed Liu, and another man surnamed Wang have been arrested for allegedly raping the girl on November 30 in Sizhan township in the city of Zhaodong, state-run Xinhua news agency reported quoting a local police statement.
Liu confessed after being caught, the report said.
Wang, who ran away after the girl`s family called the police, was captured in Beijing, the statement said.
Liu and Wang allegedly forced the girl to go to a hotel and raped her, said the girl`s parents.
They said Liu had forced the girl to maintain sexual relations with him for over a year and threatened to kill her family if she tells anyone.
Her parents called the police after they found the girl hiding in her classmate`s home for two days following the rape that allegedly occurred on November 30.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?