Driver runs over six pedestrians in China
Beijing: Six people have been confirmed dead after a driver allegedly drove his car and ploughed into roadside pedestrians in China`s Fuzhou City Monday, police said.
Police received a phone call around 11.19 a.m. that a man had hit pedestrians with his vehicle in what appeared to be an intentional act, Xinhua reported, citing the Fuzhou municipal government.
Six people, including three children, were killed on the spot and 13 others injured.
Police managed to stop the car around 11.30 a.m.
The victims were mostly students from a nearby primary school and their families who had come to pick them up for lunch break, the statement said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon wanted to meet his daughter before being hanged
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'