Driver runs over six pedestrians in China
Beijing: Six people have been confirmed dead after a driver allegedly drove his car and ploughed into roadside pedestrians in China`s Fuzhou City Monday, police said.
Police received a phone call around 11.19 a.m. that a man had hit pedestrians with his vehicle in what appeared to be an intentional act, Xinhua reported, citing the Fuzhou municipal government.
Six people, including three children, were killed on the spot and 13 others injured.
Police managed to stop the car around 11.30 a.m.
The victims were mostly students from a nearby primary school and their families who had come to pick them up for lunch break, the statement said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- Rahul Gandhi received pay while on 56 day leave: Organizer
- Mega sale: Snapdeal, Flipkart, others gear up for festive season
- Zee Media Exclusive: Three Romanians arrested in skimming scam in Mumbai
- Dadri lynching: Azam Khan seeks UN intervention
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country will not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- 'Rahul Gandhi gets pay without work'
- Dadri Police recommends FIR against Mahesh Sharma, Sangeet Som, Naseemuddin Siddiqui