Driver runs over six pedestrians in China
Beijing: Six people have been confirmed dead after a driver allegedly drove his car and ploughed into roadside pedestrians in China`s Fuzhou City Monday, police said.
Police received a phone call around 11.19 a.m. that a man had hit pedestrians with his vehicle in what appeared to be an intentional act, Xinhua reported, citing the Fuzhou municipal government.
Six people, including three children, were killed on the spot and 13 others injured.
Police managed to stop the car around 11.30 a.m.
The victims were mostly students from a nearby primary school and their families who had come to pick them up for lunch break, the statement said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed