Driver survives plunge off California cliff
Palos Verdes Estates (US): A driver who plunged 300 feet off of a Southern California ocean cliff has been rescued after firefighters waded into the surf to free him from the car.
KNBC-TV says the 19-year-old man was hospitalised in critical condition and told paramedics that he intentionally drove of the cliff.
Authorities were called to the scene at about 2 am yesterday, local time. They found the car being slammed by waves.
Firefighters, lifeguards and local police helped in the rescue.
The driver was finally pulled free and flown to a hospital.
The crash site is on the Palos Verdes Peninsula, about 32 kilometres south of downtown Los Angeles.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre