Driver survives plunge off California cliff
Palos Verdes Estates (US): A driver who plunged 300 feet off of a Southern California ocean cliff has been rescued after firefighters waded into the surf to free him from the car.
KNBC-TV says the 19-year-old man was hospitalised in critical condition and told paramedics that he intentionally drove of the cliff.
Authorities were called to the scene at about 2 am yesterday, local time. They found the car being slammed by waves.
Firefighters, lifeguards and local police helped in the rescue.
The driver was finally pulled free and flown to a hospital.
The crash site is on the Palos Verdes Peninsula, about 32 kilometres south of downtown Los Angeles.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!