Drone hit by Israel not `latest` technology: Iran
Tehran: Iran`s defense minister says his country has drones far more advanced than the unmanned aircraft launched by Lebanon`s Hezbollah and downed by Israel earlier this month.
Today`s report by the official IRNA news agency appears similar to previous claims that Iranian drones have expanded capabilities and range, including the ability to reach Israeli airspace.
The IRNA report quotes Gen. Ahmad Vahidi as saying the drone by Iranian-backed Hezbollah was not the "latest Iranian technology, definitely." He did not elaborate. Hezbollah leader Sheik Hassan Nasrallah has said the drone was manufactured in Iran and assembled in Lebanon.
Later, Iran claimed that Iranian-made surveillance drones had made dozens of apparently undetected flights into Israeli airspace from Lebanon in recent years. An Israeli official rejected the account.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa