Drone hit by Israel not `latest` technology: Iran
Tehran: Iran`s defense minister says his country has drones far more advanced than the unmanned aircraft launched by Lebanon`s Hezbollah and downed by Israel earlier this month.
Today`s report by the official IRNA news agency appears similar to previous claims that Iranian drones have expanded capabilities and range, including the ability to reach Israeli airspace.
The IRNA report quotes Gen. Ahmad Vahidi as saying the drone by Iranian-backed Hezbollah was not the "latest Iranian technology, definitely." He did not elaborate. Hezbollah leader Sheik Hassan Nasrallah has said the drone was manufactured in Iran and assembled in Lebanon.
Later, Iran claimed that Iranian-made surveillance drones had made dozens of apparently undetected flights into Israeli airspace from Lebanon in recent years. An Israeli official rejected the account.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- WATCH: Rare CCTV video of Ajmal Kasab and other terrorists of 26/11 Mumbai attacks
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate