Drone hit by Israel not `latest` technology: Iran
Tehran: Iran`s defense minister says his country has drones far more advanced than the unmanned aircraft launched by Lebanon`s Hezbollah and downed by Israel earlier this month.
Today`s report by the official IRNA news agency appears similar to previous claims that Iranian drones have expanded capabilities and range, including the ability to reach Israeli airspace.
The IRNA report quotes Gen. Ahmad Vahidi as saying the drone by Iranian-backed Hezbollah was not the "latest Iranian technology, definitely." He did not elaborate. Hezbollah leader Sheik Hassan Nasrallah has said the drone was manufactured in Iran and assembled in Lebanon.
Later, Iran claimed that Iranian-made surveillance drones had made dozens of apparently undetected flights into Israeli airspace from Lebanon in recent years. An Israeli official rejected the account.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Lalu Prasad Yadav calls PM Modi ''Kans'', BJP ''Bharat Jalao Party''
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY