Drone strike kills al Shabaab commander in Somalia
Mogadishu: Two al Shabaab militants, including a senior commander, were killed when their vehicle was hit by a drone strike in a Somalian town, witnesses said Monday.
The two men were instantly killed, while driving the vehicle in Jilib town, a stronghold of the al Qaeda linked militant group, reported Xinhua citing the witnesses from the town.
"The vehicle was hit by a missile shot by a drone and two occupants were killed. Their bodies were taken by al Shabaab fighters who came to the scene."
The slain commander of al Shabaab is believed to be a mastermind of "suicide missions".
The US military have carried out a series of attacks against the group`s leaders in Somalia.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- Mauritius to remain major FDI source till March 2019: Experts
- Abhinav Bindra to head NRAI review committee on Rio debacle
- Now, WhatsApp to share your phone number with Facebook
- SHOCKING: Man performing stunt on high tension wire at Mumbai's Mira road station – Watch
- Bank of Baroda's total business takes Rs 90,000-crore hit in 2015-16