Drones termed as Obama`s `personal execution device`
Islamabad: Terming drones as the "personal execution device" of US President Barack Obama, senior member of the American anti-war delegation, Mary Ann Wright has held the President directly responsible for the US drone operations in any part of the world, sanctioned by him every week.
Addressing a seminar at the Institute of Policy Studies in Islamabad, Wright said US drone strikes in Pakistan were a clear violation of international laws, human rights and depict an absence of conscience among the strategy makers in both U and Pakistan, reports The News.
Wright, a former US Army colonel and diplomat, said that through drone strikes US was violating international laws, even US constitution and laws itself.
"Unfortunately, our president has chosen the role of chief executioner in United States", she added.
Urging a greater coalition of peace activists at the global level against drones and the so-called war on terror, Wright said that there still were people in the US military who abhor the US policies and strategies and a public movement would give such persons courage to speak up.
Head of the US peace delegation, Medea Benjamin said their group aimed at making all possible efforts to stopping US Government from illegal use of force.
Benjamin said people in the US and across the globe have to be told that the policy and the steps undertaken by the US and NATO were "barbarous, unjust and counter-productive".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- See what can Maggi do to your health!
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- CBSE Board 10th Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & Cbseresults.nic class 10th X board exam results 2015 date announced
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings