Drones termed as Obama`s `personal execution device`
Islamabad: Terming drones as the "personal execution device" of US President Barack Obama, senior member of the American anti-war delegation, Mary Ann Wright has held the President directly responsible for the US drone operations in any part of the world, sanctioned by him every week.
Addressing a seminar at the Institute of Policy Studies in Islamabad, Wright said US drone strikes in Pakistan were a clear violation of international laws, human rights and depict an absence of conscience among the strategy makers in both U and Pakistan, reports The News.
Wright, a former US Army colonel and diplomat, said that through drone strikes US was violating international laws, even US constitution and laws itself.
"Unfortunately, our president has chosen the role of chief executioner in United States", she added.
Urging a greater coalition of peace activists at the global level against drones and the so-called war on terror, Wright said that there still were people in the US military who abhor the US policies and strategies and a public movement would give such persons courage to speak up.
Head of the US peace delegation, Medea Benjamin said their group aimed at making all possible efforts to stopping US Government from illegal use of force.
Benjamin said people in the US and across the globe have to be told that the policy and the steps undertaken by the US and NATO were "barbarous, unjust and counter-productive".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: America standing against old nemesis Russia rather than ISIS
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know