Drought affects 24 million in China
Beijing: Nearly 24 million people have been affected by drought in China`s various provinces since last October while causing a big financial loss to the government, authorities said Thursday.
The drought has affected 23.7 million people living in Yunnan, Gansu and Sichuan provinces till date, causing economic losses of more than $1.1 billion, Xinhua quoted civil affairs authorities as saying Thursday.
The National Disaster Reduction Commission (NDRC) and the Ministry of Civil Affairs initiated an emergency response to the drought Thursday and sent work teams to aid in disaster relief.
The NDRC has also organised meetings to analyse the causes of drought and work out relief measures.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog
- LIVE: Jallikattu protests turn violent, vehicles near Ice House Police station set on fire
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP