Drought affects 24 million in China
Beijing: Nearly 24 million people have been affected by drought in China`s various provinces since last October while causing a big financial loss to the government, authorities said Thursday.
The drought has affected 23.7 million people living in Yunnan, Gansu and Sichuan provinces till date, causing economic losses of more than $1.1 billion, Xinhua quoted civil affairs authorities as saying Thursday.
The National Disaster Reduction Commission (NDRC) and the Ministry of Civil Affairs initiated an emergency response to the drought Thursday and sent work teams to aid in disaster relief.
The NDRC has also organised meetings to analyse the causes of drought and work out relief measures.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result 2015 to be announced shortly