`Drunk` man survives driving car off 40ft cliff in US
New York: A suspected drunk motorist in US cheated death when his car plunged off a 40 feet cliff but miraculously walked away from the accident without serious injuries.
The man, who has not been named, lost control of the car and smashed through a locked gate and went over the bluff in San Diego early Monday morning.
The driver was able to get out of the car on his own and was walking around and talking right after the impact around Sunset Cliff Beach.
It appeared the back end of the car hit the rocks as it plunged down the cliff, estimated at about 35 to 40 feet high, San Diego Fire-Rescue Captain Joseph Diko said.
"He was fighting, screaming and yelling," paramedic Josh Miramontez told U-T San Diego.
The driver was hoisted to safety by a helicopter in a rescue basket before being taken to hospital for treatment for minor injuries.
Fire officials said it was possible the driver was under the influence of alcohol.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- Ruby Rai, Bihar Class 12 topper now under arrest for cheating, says she never wanted to top the exam
- Euro 2016: Iceland stun England in one of greatest ever shocks
- Three new suicide attacks in Lebanon village near Syria
- Preparing for Brexit, Britain may see new PM by early September
- US says India has shown sustained commitment to non-proliferation