`Drunk` man survives driving car off 40ft cliff in US
New York: A suspected drunk motorist in US cheated death when his car plunged off a 40 feet cliff but miraculously walked away from the accident without serious injuries.
The man, who has not been named, lost control of the car and smashed through a locked gate and went over the bluff in San Diego early Monday morning.
The driver was able to get out of the car on his own and was walking around and talking right after the impact around Sunset Cliff Beach.
It appeared the back end of the car hit the rocks as it plunged down the cliff, estimated at about 35 to 40 feet high, San Diego Fire-Rescue Captain Joseph Diko said.
"He was fighting, screaming and yelling," paramedic Josh Miramontez told U-T San Diego.
The driver was hoisted to safety by a helicopter in a rescue basket before being taken to hospital for treatment for minor injuries.
Fire officials said it was possible the driver was under the influence of alcohol.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling