`Drunk` man survives driving car off 40ft cliff in US
New York: A suspected drunk motorist in US cheated death when his car plunged off a 40 feet cliff but miraculously walked away from the accident without serious injuries.
The man, who has not been named, lost control of the car and smashed through a locked gate and went over the bluff in San Diego early Monday morning.
The driver was able to get out of the car on his own and was walking around and talking right after the impact around Sunset Cliff Beach.
It appeared the back end of the car hit the rocks as it plunged down the cliff, estimated at about 35 to 40 feet high, San Diego Fire-Rescue Captain Joseph Diko said.
"He was fighting, screaming and yelling," paramedic Josh Miramontez told U-T San Diego.
The driver was hoisted to safety by a helicopter in a rescue basket before being taken to hospital for treatment for minor injuries.
Fire officials said it was possible the driver was under the influence of alcohol.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- IND vs NZ, 3rd ODI: Chase master Kohli stars as India beat Kiwis by 7 wickets, lead series 2-1
- Samajwadi Party feud LIVE: After his sacking, Ramgopal Yadav writes to Mulayam, says 'you're surrounded by evil forces'
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption