`Drunk` man survives driving car off 40ft cliff in US
New York: A suspected drunk motorist in US cheated death when his car plunged off a 40 feet cliff but miraculously walked away from the accident without serious injuries.
The man, who has not been named, lost control of the car and smashed through a locked gate and went over the bluff in San Diego early Monday morning.
The driver was able to get out of the car on his own and was walking around and talking right after the impact around Sunset Cliff Beach.
It appeared the back end of the car hit the rocks as it plunged down the cliff, estimated at about 35 to 40 feet high, San Diego Fire-Rescue Captain Joseph Diko said.
"He was fighting, screaming and yelling," paramedic Josh Miramontez told U-T San Diego.
The driver was hoisted to safety by a helicopter in a rescue basket before being taken to hospital for treatment for minor injuries.
Fire officials said it was possible the driver was under the influence of alcohol.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack