Drunken driver kills 7 at bus stop in Moscow
Moscow: Moscow police say they have detained more than 130 drunken drivers over the past 24 hours, including a man who crashed his car into a bus stop, killing seven people and injuring three.
Police said the car was traveling more than 200 kilometers per hour when the driver lost control and slammed into the bus stop.
The Interfax news agency reported that the 30-year-old driver, Alexander Maximov, had been arrested for drunken driving in 2010 and told police that prior to yesterday`s accident he had been drinking for two days.
The driver also had received two speeding tickets this year.
Police report numerous arrests of drunken drivers, but the accident rate remains high, compounded by drivers who routinely speed and disobey traffic rules.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details