Drunken driver kills 7 at bus stop in Moscow
Moscow: Moscow police say they have detained more than 130 drunken drivers over the past 24 hours, including a man who crashed his car into a bus stop, killing seven people and injuring three.
Police said the car was traveling more than 200 kilometers per hour when the driver lost control and slammed into the bus stop.
The Interfax news agency reported that the 30-year-old driver, Alexander Maximov, had been arrested for drunken driving in 2010 and told police that prior to yesterday`s accident he had been drinking for two days.
The driver also had received two speeding tickets this year.
Police report numerous arrests of drunken drivers, but the accident rate remains high, compounded by drivers who routinely speed and disobey traffic rules.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'