Drunken driver kills 7 at bus stop in Moscow
Moscow: Moscow police say they have detained more than 130 drunken drivers over the past 24 hours, including a man who crashed his car into a bus stop, killing seven people and injuring three.
Police said the car was traveling more than 200 kilometers per hour when the driver lost control and slammed into the bus stop.
The Interfax news agency reported that the 30-year-old driver, Alexander Maximov, had been arrested for drunken driving in 2010 and told police that prior to yesterday`s accident he had been drinking for two days.
The driver also had received two speeding tickets this year.
Police report numerous arrests of drunken drivers, but the accident rate remains high, compounded by drivers who routinely speed and disobey traffic rules.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah Part II
- Welspun India hires Ernst & Young to probe US export lapses
- BIZARRE PUNISHMENT! Kim Jong-Un to make North Korean athletes, who could not win medals in Rio Olympics, work in coal mines?
- OP Jaisha's illness delays Sports Ministry probe into official apathy
- Subramanian Swamy moves SC for urgent hearing on plea against ban on CSK
- Leander Paes, Andre Begemann knock out top seeds in ATP Winston-Salem Open