Dubai police get `world`s most expensive` patrol car
London: The Dubai police force has unveiled what is thought to be the world`s most expensive patrol car - a specially modified USD 550,000 Lamborghini Aventador, capable of speeds up to 217mph.
The sports car that is painted in green-and-white colours of the Dubai force will not likely be roaring after law breakers.
According to the Independent, instead, it will be mostly dispatched to tourist areas to show `how classy Dubai is`, deputy police director General Khamis Matter al-Muzaina said.
Local media reports said the Italian-made Lamborghini Aventador is the `crown jewel` of a wider upgrade in Dubai police wheels.
The force also is adding some American muscle car Camaros.
Lamborghini launched the car this year to celebrate its 50th anniversary and has already sold out of the marquee, with several of the vehicles being sold to Britain, according to reports.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video