Dubai police get `world`s most expensive` patrol car
London: The Dubai police force has unveiled what is thought to be the world`s most expensive patrol car - a specially modified USD 550,000 Lamborghini Aventador, capable of speeds up to 217mph.
The sports car that is painted in green-and-white colours of the Dubai force will not likely be roaring after law breakers.
According to the Independent, instead, it will be mostly dispatched to tourist areas to show `how classy Dubai is`, deputy police director General Khamis Matter al-Muzaina said.
Local media reports said the Italian-made Lamborghini Aventador is the `crown jewel` of a wider upgrade in Dubai police wheels.
The force also is adding some American muscle car Camaros.
Lamborghini launched the car this year to celebrate its 50th anniversary and has already sold out of the marquee, with several of the vehicles being sold to Britain, according to reports.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren