Dubai prince visits house of first UAE martyr
Ras Al Khaimah: Dubai crown prince Sheikh Hamdan bin Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum visited the family of the first martyr from the UAE who was killed in 1971 while defending the country`s sovereignty.
Hamdan visited the house of martyr Salem Suhail bin Khamis in Al Munaie district of Ras Al Khaimah.
He congratulated the martyr`s two brothers, and praised the courage of bin Khamis who was killed by Iranian forces while defending and firmly holding his country`s flag in November 1971 on the occupied island of Greater Tunb.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened