Dutch artist seeks to register `Allah` trademark
Moscow: A Dutch artist has made a bid to register the name "Allah" as a trademark, saying it is an "incredibly beautiful name".
Amsterdam resident Teun Castelein told the Telegraaf newspaper that he was surprised no one has registered the name before.
The 32-year-old man wants to register the name with the Benelux intellectual property office in The Hague.
However, his efforts are likely to fail because according to the registration document seen by DutchNews.nl, the application was tagged "preliminary decision to refuse".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?