Dutch artist seeks to register `Allah` trademark
Moscow: A Dutch artist has made a bid to register the name "Allah" as a trademark, saying it is an "incredibly beautiful name".
Amsterdam resident Teun Castelein told the Telegraaf newspaper that he was surprised no one has registered the name before.
The 32-year-old man wants to register the name with the Benelux intellectual property office in The Hague.
However, his efforts are likely to fail because according to the registration document seen by DutchNews.nl, the application was tagged "preliminary decision to refuse".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: 2 dead, several injured in clashes between police, villagers in Ramgarh
- Delhi minister meets Jain monk over Vishal Dadlani tweet controversy
- One killed in annual bull racing in Peru
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder
- Teaser of Aishwarya Rai, Ranbir Kapoor's ‘Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’ is out and it is insanely entertaining!
- Victoria decides to ban fracking and coal seam gas exploration permanently
- Blast at Chinese embassy in Kyrgyzstan; one dead, three wounded
- AAP focusing only on attacking PM Narendra Modi: Harsh Vardhan
- Sensex soars over 400 points; Nifty breaches 8,700-mark