Dutch artist seeks to register `Allah` trademark
Moscow: A Dutch artist has made a bid to register the name "Allah" as a trademark, saying it is an "incredibly beautiful name".
Amsterdam resident Teun Castelein told the Telegraaf newspaper that he was surprised no one has registered the name before.
The 32-year-old man wants to register the name with the Benelux intellectual property office in The Hague.
However, his efforts are likely to fail because according to the registration document seen by DutchNews.nl, the application was tagged "preliminary decision to refuse".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says