Dutch artist seeks to register `Allah` trademark
Moscow: A Dutch artist has made a bid to register the name "Allah" as a trademark, saying it is an "incredibly beautiful name".
Amsterdam resident Teun Castelein told the Telegraaf newspaper that he was surprised no one has registered the name before.
The 32-year-old man wants to register the name with the Benelux intellectual property office in The Hague.
However, his efforts are likely to fail because according to the registration document seen by DutchNews.nl, the application was tagged "preliminary decision to refuse".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part III
- Political blame-game begins as auto, taxi unions go on indefinite strike against app-based taxi services
- NGT seeks details of Rs 20,000 crore expenditure on cleaning Ganga
- Stolen LMG recovered in Punjab, red alert sounded for runaway BSF trooper
- India wants close security coordination with Bangladesh: Envoy
- LeEco launches new video membership brand for young consumers