Dutch govt probe gets over 100 abuse claims
The Hague: A Dutch commission investigating sexual molestation of children placed in government care over the past 65 years says it has received more than 100 reports of abuse in just over a month.
The government set up the commission in August to investigate alleged abuse dating back to 1945 and to establish whether child care authorities knew about it.
It was established following reports of abuse of children sent to Catholic institutions in the 1950s and `60s.
The commission issued a statement today saying more than 100 people - including victims and members of their families - had called a special telephone line to report abuse in both Catholic and non-Catholic institutions.
The commission will investigate the claims and expects to issue its final report in 2012.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part II
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part IV
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan?
- Indian discus thrower Seema Punia qualifies for 2016 Rio Olympics
- Karan Singh Grover had a great time at 'The Kapil Sharma Show', wants to visit again!
- Delhi L-G Najeeb Jung refuses AAP govt’s proposed app-based premium bus service scheme
- Final phase of Q4 results, progress of monsoon to guide market
- Attention tax evaders: From June 1, declare black money and come clean or else....