Dutch marines open fire on pirates in Arabian Sea
The Hague: The Dutch government says a team of
marines stationed on a merchant ship has fought off a pirate
attack in the Arabian Sea.
The Defence Ministry says the marines opened fire early
today on pirates armed with weapons, including a rocket
propelled grenade, as the crew of the ship Flintstone took
shelter in a safe room. The vessel is used to lay rocks around
Marines fired tracer bullets at the six pirates as they
sped toward the Flintstone, but they responded by aiming the
rocket-propelled grenade at the ship.
To prevent the grenade being fired, the marines opened
fire on the pirates. The Defence Ministry said it "could not
rule out casualties among the pirates."
The Flintstone was heading from Malta to Singapore. (AP)
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know