Dutch PM to raise gay rights issue in Sochi
The Hague: Dutch Prime Minister Mark Rutte will talk about gay rights in Russia during his visit to the Winter Olympics in Sochi, he told the Dutch parliament.
"When the opportunity arises I will talk with Russian President Vladimir Putin, but it takes two to tango," Rutte said. "Otherwise I will at least speak with local Russian organisations," Xinhua reported Tuesday.
Rutte said he will investigate whether the Dutch delegation can be extended with representatives of Dutch gay organisations.
In addition, the prime minister promised to talk about minority rights in Russia.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city