Dutch prosecutors to try 5 alleged Somali pirates
The Hague: Dutch prosecutors say they have launched a criminal investigation into five suspected Somali pirates for allegedly hijacking a South African yacht and plan to prosecute them in the Netherlands.
A national prosecutor`s office statement says the five men are being held on the navy ship Amsterdam, whose crew arrested them last month.
The men, aged between 20 and 30 years, were being transported to the Netherlands later Sunday.
The Yacht, Choizil, was hijacked and off the coast of Tanzania and later run aground by pirates on Nov 7.
A South African husband and wife were taken to land and are still being held hostage, but the skipper remained on board and was later picked up by the French Navy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- Demonetisation: Majority of ATMs still out of cash
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- This happens only in Pakistan? You won't believe what this boy did in front of his lady teacher - WATCH
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Unseen Video: On Yuvraj Singh, Hazel Keech's wedding reception, MS Dhoni greets couple with a hug