Dutch prosecutors to try 5 alleged Somali pirates
The Hague: Dutch prosecutors say they have launched a criminal investigation into five suspected Somali pirates for allegedly hijacking a South African yacht and plan to prosecute them in the Netherlands.
A national prosecutor`s office statement says the five men are being held on the navy ship Amsterdam, whose crew arrested them last month.
The men, aged between 20 and 30 years, were being transported to the Netherlands later Sunday.
The Yacht, Choizil, was hijacked and off the coast of Tanzania and later run aground by pirates on Nov 7.
A South African husband and wife were taken to land and are still being held hostage, but the skipper remained on board and was later picked up by the French Navy.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- Salman Khan rules 2015 Bollywood Box Office – here’s why