Dutch queen`s son`s life still in danger
Vienna: The Netherlands government says Prince Johan Friso spent a quiet night in the hospital but his life remains in danger after an avalanche seriously injured the Dutch royal.
The 43-year-old second son of Dutch Queen Beatrix was rushed to the intensive care unit of Innsbruck`s main hospital on Friday after he was buried by the snow slide. He had been skiing off marked trails in the westernmost Lech winter sports region.
The statement on Saturday said "His life is still in danger, but he had a calm and stable night."
The Dutch daily NRC Handelsblad says the prince suffered serious oxygen deprivation after being buried for some 20 minutes but has no other major injuries.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Watch: PM Modi addresses rally in Moradabad, UP - Part II
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family