Dutch shipbuilder slaps staff with smoking fine
Moscow: Dutch shipbuilder IHC Merwede is to fine workers who light up a cigarette outside official breaks 100 euros for each offence.
Repeat offenders may miss out on their profit share of some 2,400 euros, the news agency reported.
The plan has been approved by the company`s works council. Merwede has a workforce of 3,000.
The measure has been brought in because the company wants a healthier workforce, especially now that the state pension age is being increased to 66.
The company also wants to stop smokers from taking more breaks than non-smokers, the news agency reported.
- Deepika Padukone in Salman Khan’s ‘Tubelight’? Kabir Khan has an answer
- Donald Trump the `presumptive` White House nominee as Cruz crashes out
- Karan Singh Grover’s words for Bipasha Basu will restore your faith in love – Check them out
- Champions League: After knocking out Bayern Munich, Atletico Madrid ready to write history
- Premier League triumph: Leicester City's 'magic' hailed globally as the party goes on