Dutch terrorism suspect fights extradition to US
Amsterdam: Lawyers say a Dutch man wanted by the US on suspicion of trying to kill American soldiers in Afghanistan and for allegedly aiding al Qaeda has appealed to the Netherlands` Supreme Court to prevent his extradition.
The 24-year-old suspect, identified under Dutch privacy laws as "Sabir K”, was indicted by a federal grand jury in New York on June 22. But his case was held behind closed doors in the Netherlands and no information about it was released until his lawyer Andre Seebregts began talking.
Sabir K, a citizen of both the Netherlands and Pakistan, claims he was mistreated in Pakistan before being deported to the Netherlands in April. He was arrested upon arrival and has been held since.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India