Dutch terrorism suspect fights extradition to US
Amsterdam: Lawyers say a Dutch man wanted by the US on suspicion of trying to kill American soldiers in Afghanistan and for allegedly aiding al Qaeda has appealed to the Netherlands` Supreme Court to prevent his extradition.
The 24-year-old suspect, identified under Dutch privacy laws as "Sabir K”, was indicted by a federal grand jury in New York on June 22. But his case was held behind closed doors in the Netherlands and no information about it was released until his lawyer Andre Seebregts began talking.
Sabir K, a citizen of both the Netherlands and Pakistan, claims he was mistreated in Pakistan before being deported to the Netherlands in April. He was arrested upon arrival and has been held since.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH