Dutch use F-16s to pursue criminal suspect
Amsterdam: Talk about overkill. The Dutch air
force says two of its F-16 jet fighters tried to help police
chase a criminal suspect.
Spokesman Olav Spanjer says the jets were about to leave
Volkel airbase on a training mission kast evening when they
heard local police had requested a military jeep to chase a
suspect over soggy terrain.
The pilots volunteered to help search using their infrared
Spanjer conceded today, "It was kind of a long-shot."
The suspect was in a car with stolen license plates that
sped away when police tried to pull it over.
After an exchange of gunfire, the car crashed into a canal
and the man ran away across a field.
In the end, a tip from a suspicious neighbor, and not a
high-tech jet, led police to the suspect.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Uttarakhand: BJP MLA Prem Singh Rana insulted during CM Harish Rawat's speech
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth