Dutch use F-16s to pursue criminal suspect
Amsterdam: Talk about overkill. The Dutch air
force says two of its F-16 jet fighters tried to help police
chase a criminal suspect.
Spokesman Olav Spanjer says the jets were about to leave
Volkel airbase on a training mission kast evening when they
heard local police had requested a military jeep to chase a
suspect over soggy terrain.
The pilots volunteered to help search using their infrared
Spanjer conceded today, "It was kind of a long-shot."
The suspect was in a car with stolen license plates that
sped away when police tried to pull it over.
After an exchange of gunfire, the car crashed into a canal
and the man ran away across a field.
In the end, a tip from a suspicious neighbor, and not a
high-tech jet, led police to the suspect.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!