Dutch use F-16s to pursue criminal suspect
Amsterdam: Talk about overkill. The Dutch air
force says two of its F-16 jet fighters tried to help police
chase a criminal suspect.
Spokesman Olav Spanjer says the jets were about to leave
Volkel airbase on a training mission kast evening when they
heard local police had requested a military jeep to chase a
suspect over soggy terrain.
The pilots volunteered to help search using their infrared
Spanjer conceded today, "It was kind of a long-shot."
The suspect was in a car with stolen license plates that
sped away when police tried to pull it over.
After an exchange of gunfire, the car crashed into a canal
and the man ran away across a field.
In the end, a tip from a suspicious neighbor, and not a
high-tech jet, led police to the suspect.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Facebook to shut down its desktop ad exchange 'FBX'
- Shutdown over 'sainik colony' affects life in Kashmir
- Telangana TS EAMCET Results 2016: Engineering, Agriculture and Medical Common Entrance Test (TS EAMCET) results declared, check www.tseamcet.in
- Bollywood actress Jacqueline supports UN campaign against illegal wildlife trade
- Rani Mukerji, daughter Adira's Paris trip turns into a family affair! – Know why