Dutch use F-16s to pursue criminal suspect
Amsterdam: Talk about overkill. The Dutch air
force says two of its F-16 jet fighters tried to help police
chase a criminal suspect.
Spokesman Olav Spanjer says the jets were about to leave
Volkel airbase on a training mission kast evening when they
heard local police had requested a military jeep to chase a
suspect over soggy terrain.
The pilots volunteered to help search using their infrared
Spanjer conceded today, "It was kind of a long-shot."
The suspect was in a car with stolen license plates that
sped away when police tried to pull it over.
After an exchange of gunfire, the car crashed into a canal
and the man ran away across a field.
In the end, a tip from a suspicious neighbor, and not a
high-tech jet, led police to the suspect.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Solapur Municipal Corporation, Congress bastion, wrested by BJP