Dutchman accused of filming 400 nude children
Amsterdam: Prosecutors have accused a Dutch man of abusing around 400 boys and girls aged 12-14 he met in online chat rooms, coercing them into committing sexual acts via webcam. Victims have so far been identified in the Netherlands, the US, Belgium and Spain.
Prosecution spokesman Evert Boerstra said the suspect was arrested in July but prosecutors only revealed the scale of his alleged crimes at his trial today. Under Dutch law, he has not yet entered a plea, and is identified only as "Michel S."
A string of child abuse cases have horrified the Netherlands in recent years, including the 2012 conviction of Latvian-born Dutchman Roberts Mikelsons for physically abusing 67 children, including infants. Mikelsons filmed and distributed his acts, leading to 83 additional child pornography arrests around the globe.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Monsoon's after-effects troubling everyday lives in cities
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Mumbai local crashes into platform at Churchgate Station
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- #SelfieWithDaughter trends worldwide on Twitter after PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat'
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him