Dying 2-year old is best man at parents` wedding
Washington: A two-year-old boy in the US, who is suffering from a type of blood cancer and who doctors say may only live for a few weeks, has served as the best man at his parents` wedding.
Logan Stevenson has acute myeloid leukaemia and has undergone several operations. Last month, doctors said he had only weeks left to live, BBC reported.
This diagnosis prompted Logan`s parents, Christine Swidorsky and Sean Stevenson, to bring forward the wedding they had originally planned for July 2014. The wedding was held in Pittsburgh.
Logan was held by his grandmother Debbie Stevenson during the ceremony as he held on to his favourite stuffed rabbit.
"This is our dream come true," a tearful Swidorsky told the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette newspaper.
"It`s just going to be one of those things that you remember all your life," Stevenson said.
"It means the world to me. We`re just blessed every day that he`s here with us," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users