Dying 2-year old is best man at parents` wedding
Washington: A two-year-old boy in the US, who is suffering from a type of blood cancer and who doctors say may only live for a few weeks, has served as the best man at his parents` wedding.
Logan Stevenson has acute myeloid leukaemia and has undergone several operations. Last month, doctors said he had only weeks left to live, BBC reported.
This diagnosis prompted Logan`s parents, Christine Swidorsky and Sean Stevenson, to bring forward the wedding they had originally planned for July 2014. The wedding was held in Pittsburgh.
Logan was held by his grandmother Debbie Stevenson during the ceremony as he held on to his favourite stuffed rabbit.
"This is our dream come true," a tearful Swidorsky told the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette newspaper.
"It`s just going to be one of those things that you remember all your life," Stevenson said.
"It means the world to me. We`re just blessed every day that he`s here with us," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra